JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

Saturday 1 February 2014

BOTM - Just Hold My Hand

Just Hold My Hand

Two best-friends. Now don't run away, these two are special. Andrew and Charlotte have known each other for a long time, yes. For Andrew is was love at first sight. For Charlotte, it took a little longer to realize what was happening. In the end though, they're both in love. But it's not that easy- see? Neither of them feel good enough for each other. Andrew isn't your typical bad boy, arrogant, jerk who just wants to bang Charlotte and move on. He loves her, he's convinced. But he also really values the friendship they have- something he can't imagine losing. So he keeps quiet and is just content to be there for her. 

Charlotte isn't a queen bee or a boy magnet, bad girl. She's a simple girl, with delicate emotions that have been tampered and messed with far too often. With a rough start to life can you blame her for not knowing what love really feels like? Even when she does realize she's fallen in love with her best friend, she's not going to tell him! What if he says no and rejects her like so many other people in her life. Then she'll have nothing left. No, they should just be friends. That's how it should be, right?

Obviously, we have a problem. Will they ever find a solution? Or will they be giving the statement, "stuck in the friend zone," a whole new meaning?


Interview

1. Please tell the readers a bit about yourself.

Hello, hello, hello! I go by Lily Avenue, I'm a teenage writer from America; species, human (as far as we know.). Most of what I write is purely fictional, stemming from my overactive imagination and infatuation with daydreaming. Besides writing I'm in love with art, fashion, and music. By day I'm a steady B+ average kid with lots of hipster-losers I call friends. By night I'm an aspiring novelist, gallery owner, pianist, designer, and photographer. I LOVE J.R.R. Tolkien and all of his books. More than that I love my Lord, I don't care what anyone says about it, and I'm also not going to slap you in the face with a Bible, so don't worry. Laughing is like breathing to me. Sleeping and eating are also fun. Oh, and cats.

2. What types of books do you write?

Mostly romantic teen-fiction stories. I try to thrown in my own strange sense of humor as I write, though I'm not sure it would necessarily qualify as comedy.

3. How many books have you written?

I have completed 4 books. (Though the drafts and incomplete stories are up to my neck these days.)

4. What movie and/or book are you looking forward to this year?

I'm so absolutely ready for the The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug - it's hard to contain myself really. And as for books, well since Tolkien isn't writing anything these days, I suppose anything new from John Green.

5. What type of books do you enjoy reading?

Oddly, even though I write romance, I really dig a good Dystopian sci-fi book. Stuff like Uglies, The Time Machine, The Hunger Games, Across the Universe, Matched, etc. Those futuristic societies with radical government ideals. Either that or anything by Tolkien or John Green. (duh).

6. If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you?

Besides people I presume? If so then:

1. A compass.
2. A rope
3. A paddle. I am getting off dude. No need to get too comfortable.

7. Are you considering a sequel?

I've been wrestling with this idea since I finished the story. Some of my lovely fans have been asking- some begging- and I even started one and published a few chapters some time ago, but I deleted it and scrapped the idea for a while. Something just seems complete about this story and I would rather not tamper with it (besides editing, which I'm in the process of). So for now, no, I really can't say I'll be writing a sequel.

8. What inspired you to become a writer?

My mother. See writing goes a bit back in my family history. One of my great-grandfathers was a published writer over in India, where my family originates. Down the line there were many educated and scholarly people throughout the generations leading right up to my mother, she being no different than they. Ever since she was young, she was told she was gifted at writing and a teacher even told her that she would be a writer someday. Well after having a family of her own, she spent fourteen years writing her first novel. She then followed it up with a sequel- both of which were published. She also helped other writers with their books and continues to this day to work on new pieces. When I was young and took an interest in writing, she supported me all the way. I've always excelled at English and Reading, they're my favorite subjects in school and life. I saw what my mother did and how wonderful it was to accomplish that and I realized my own love for the art, so I saw no reason to not pursue it. Writing just clicked.


Just Hold My Hand Scavenger Hunt

Click the image below for more details

No comments:

Post a Comment