JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

Saturday 15 February 2014

BOTM - How To Be A Girl {Wattpad}

How To Be A Girl

Jordan Lee is as boyish as her name implies. She's always been just "one of the guys." Up until now, she's enjoyed being a tomboy, but when she finally confesses to a friend that she likes him in a more-than-friends way, Jordan realizes that being a bro sometimes...sucks. Everything Jordan says seriously is taken for a complete joke, and Matt Hendrickson doesn't believe her for a second. And so, Jordan enlists the help of her best friends: Cameron Summers, a Ladies' Man, and his model sister, Grace. They're going to teach her how to be what she isn't--how to be a girl.








Interview

1. Please tell the readers a bit about yourself.

Well, my name's Ivey. I'm a sixteen-year-old junior in high school, and I've been writing on Wattpad for roughly around 2 and a half years now. I want to major in some sort of science (either biology-related or chemistry-related) and minor in English when I get to college. Along with writing, I also put a good amount of energy into piano and singing. My family's got four kids total--I have three sisters--so I really love writing as a way to shut them all out.

2. What types of books do you write?

A majority of my books are teen fiction / romance / humor type of stories, but lately I've been trying to shift away from those fluffy teen chick-lit novels and explore things totally different. Goliath was my first attempt to do so; it's got darker themes involved. I plan on writing a science fiction novel, too, once I've got it all planned out.

The subgenres may differ, but I have a feeling that the big umbrella genre I'll always write for is Young Adult, only because right now I'm a teenager, and teens are what I know. Plus, it's pretty fun, too.

3. How many books have you written?

I've completed two, but only one complete one is posted (Behind These Walls), while I have an edited version up for the other (Why She Fell). How to Be a Girl is so, so, so close to ending. I've got a lot of works-in-progresses, though.

4. What movie and/or book are you looking forward to this year?

I'm looking forward to 22 Jump Street and The Fault in Our Stars movies. For books...I don't really have any, haha.

5. What type of books do you enjoy reading?

Honestly, if it's well written and interesting, I'll enjoy it. Lately I've been reading a lot of great American classics authors (i.e. John Steinbeck, F. Scott Fitzgerald) because I'm taking American Lit for my English class, and I'm really enjoying reading them so far.

6. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 things would you want with you?

I wouldn't want anything except

1. A boat.
2. A map.
3. And food.

7. Are you considering a sequel?

I was at first, but now, I'm not so sure. We'll see how I manage to end this book, I guess.

8. What inspired you to become a writer?

When I was in third grade, I read "The School Story" by Andrew Clements. I was only 8 at the time, and the main character was 10 (I think), so it made me realize that anyone can write a book. I'd always had a constant flow of imagination going on (I daydreamed a lot as a kid and I still do), so I figured if the girl from "The School Story" could write a book, why couldn't I?


How To Be A Girl Scavenger Hunt

Click the image below for more details

No comments:

Post a Comment