JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Author Spotlight - Juvi_Black

Night In Gail

Sometimes, to unravel a mystery, you have to look within yourself...

Detective Stones, from Homicide Squad at New York Police Department Detective Bureau, was assigned to a murder case that led her to a series of similar ones. Switching between her therapies and work was hard enough, unravelling herself was just a bitter add-on.

Will she ever get hold of the serial killer or she’ll just get hold of herself?









Interview

1. Please tell the readers a bit about yourself.

I am an eighteen-year-old amateur author and have been writing since 9 years. My habit of writing was a secret for 8 years, until I found Wattpad. After receiving feedback from several authors on this website, I finally got the chance to improve myself. So yes, I’m a struggling, and a learning author. Apart from writing, I love to dance in various forms. Be it Classical, Folk or Western. If my mood permits, I sketch and compose songs. I am as well blessed with speed and stamina; hence I play a lot of sports. I’m doing my first year engineering and hope to support my family, passion and dreams from what I earn.

2. What types of books do you write?

I write many genres, and every single story that I’ve written has thick mystery. I started my writing journey with “Mystery”, and am obsessed with leaving hints and clues for the readers until the revelation. My books usually have strong female characters, but those characters are flawed too. Also, these days, I am highly obsessed with horror, paranormal and dark romance.

3. How many books have you written?

I’ve written four complete novels. Each one of those novels was available on Wattpad, in my previous account, which is now deleted. I am currently working on three new novels which I am planning to finish this year and start up a new one in the month of November, as a NaNoWriMo project.

4. What movie and/or book are you looking forward to this year?

There’s a book written by an amazing Indian author. Two States, by Chetan Bhagat and I’ve heard they’re shooting a movie on that plot. I am waiting to watch it this year.

5. What type of books do you enjoy reading?

My choice of books varies with genres. I might like some Teen Fiction, whereas, I might not like some other. When I started reading on wattpad, the first one was a Teen Fiction. I was kind of fed up with the repetitive plots and quit the genre. Now, I have a sudden liking for one teen fiction written by Neeru, First Kisses and Broken Promises. Otherwise, I enjoy reading a good horror, paranormal, romance, fantasy, science fiction, action, mystery and actually anything that is unique, not cliché. I avoid Fan Fictions as much as possible.

6. If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you?

1. I’d have chosen my phone straightaway, but it’d be useless with limited battery power. So I’d keep gadgets aside. I’d only need my phone because of someone special and I’d want them with me.
2. Also a camping kit.
3. And lots of two minute noodles packets.

7. Are you considering a sequel?

Maybe… If the first book is a success, I might work on the second book. There are chances that Night in Gail would have an open end.

8. What inspired you to become a writer?

Enid Blyton and Carolin Keeyne, and their books, are the reasons why I started writing. I was thoroughly inspired by their books. Hence, my first attempt of writing was about a group of six spies named, Fantastic Six Spies. I was only nine back then and naïve. I am not too proud of my first work, but that was my first step towards the literary world. My friends encouraged me too. They used to read my handwritten books and ask me for a copy. Of course, I wasn’t ready to give them. But they always got the chance to read it. Therefore, I knew it was something I should continue with.


Excerpt 

Taking an advantage of the open invite, Gail hopped inside the dim lit bedroom, the noise of her black heels making her arrival apparent. The raven-haired girl looked up, whimpering from fear, if not from cold. Making sure that her face was hidden from the poor girl, Gail walked a little closer. The girl, once sitting with her knees bent and face dug, straightened her legs on the bed. A sob escaped the girl’s lips and groan of fear from the back of her throat. Gail hated it when girls cried; she was there to help her. Girls were supposed to be strong and fight the evil: Gail wanted to be their role model and teach them, but world was too naïve to accept her style respectfully.

“Hush, don’t ye cry,” whispered Gail, pulling the sword out from its holster.

The girl’s eyes widened. “Don’t kill me, please.”

“I will not,” said Gail. “I just wanna know somethin’ from ye and help ye, I promise.”

The girl took a noisy gulp, letting fresh tears escape her eyes. “Okay,” she said, her voice cracked.

“Who did ‘is to ye, lassie?” asked Gail, despite of being aware about the culprit.

“I cannot tell anyone, he’ll—”

“I’ll help ye,” assured Gail, not letting the girl finish her sentence.

“No!” said the girl with a pitch in her tone. She was clearly threatened about it. “He’ll harm my mother: I cannot let that happen… I cannot…” The girl clutched her dark mane, yanking it and cried, making Gail sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment