JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Author Spotlight - Bellagy419




Be A Part

Madison Rennison is the most popular girl in school. Jamie Glenn is the self proclaimed nerd who has a crush on Madison. Madison only dates bad boys who are constantly partying and drinking. Sadly, Jamie would much rather spend his Friday night with his computer and candy than with beers and babes. Suddenly, Jamie realizes the only way to get the girl is to transform himself in to a bad boy. Will he be able to change and earn Madison's love? Or will he forever stay a "nerd?"












Interview

1. Please tell the readers a bit about yourself.

Hi. I'm Danielle. I'm a teenager and was born and raised in NYC. I speak English and Hebrew. Music, reading, and writing are my life. I love to play basketball and of course, read and write.

2. What types of books do you write?

I mainly write historical fiction and being a hopeless romantic, romance. My stories usually include some love triangle or a relationship where the two characters hate each other, but eventually fall in love. I also write poetry. Be a Part is my first foray into the world of realistic fiction.

3. How many books have you written?

I've tried to write many, but I have completed only three books and am in the middle of two.

4. What movie and/or book are you looking forward to this year?

Catching Fire! I always thought that the Hunger Games series is stupid, but then I read the first book and fell in love.

5. What type of books do you enjoy reading?

I love romance, teen fiction, and historical fiction.

6. If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you?

1. Books
2. A box full of food
3. A case of water bottles

7. Are you considering a sequel?

Currently, no. Then again, Be a Part is nowhere near complete, so you never know.

8. What inspired you to become a writer?

I can't place my finger on one specific thing that inspired me, but I can say that I've always loved to read. I suppose what inspired me was the desire to create stories like the ones I read.


Excerpt

"Just go," he says, already pushing me off the bench. Alyssa rolls her eyes.

I don't know why, but I get up and go. Maybe those flecks in my bread weren't grains but weed. I walk over to Madison's table. Suddenly, I feel painfully, awkwardly tall. I'm one of those kids who's six feet tall but insanely skinny, so I basically look like a pretzel rod. I feel especially tall next to Madison and her petite friends. "H-hi Madison," I stammer out.

"Hi, Jamie," she says. Well, she's acknowledging my presence, so that's a start. But what do I say next?

"Um," I stutter, "are you busy Saturday night?"

"Yeah, sorry. I promised a friend I'd go to his party," she says sweetly, her voice dripping with more fake sugar than a Diet Coke factory.

"Oh. Well, if you ever don't have plans, then..." I say.

She laughs and I walk away. I hear her whisper to her friends, "I'm pretty sure I'm going to be booked for the rest of eternity." Her friends all laugh and I turn around. Immediately, they sober up and stare at me like I'm an alien from space.

I walk back to our table, dejected. Alyssa already has a self-righteous, "I told you so" look. I give her an "I tried" look and shrug. "Do you have to give me that look?" I ask. She nods and is about to say something, but Alex interrupts her. "Man, you have to change."

"Change what? What can I do?" I ask.

"Change your approach. Change your persona. Become the type of man she wants and likes," he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment